Types of Ear Doctors

A doctor who specializes in problems of the ear, nose and throat are normally called an ENT or an Otolaryngologist.

If the doctor has additional training in the medical and surgical management of dizziness,hearing loss, and tumors of the ear they may be called an Otologist.

If the doctor has additional training in diagnosing and treating nasal related disorders, then they might be called an Otorhynolaryngologist.

It's important to be examined by at least one of these medical professionals when dealing with a hearing loss, since there are many conditions which may be related to hearing loss that might require medical attention, rather than just a hearing aid. Some of these conditions can be life threatening. Some can be treated. If you have a hearing loss ... and haven't seen one of these medical professionals, you should make an appointment soon.

Check Out Our Sponsors
Banner ad to indicate